The Fibonacci Betting System helps you to increase your stakes after a losing wager. Hence, that makes it a negative progression system. This system works on the idea that increasing the bettor’s stakes following a loss will help him or her win. This is because the bettor has a higher chance of increasing the stakes on a winning wager than on a losing wager.
Although there are other systems that are a bit simpler, using it need not be complicated. Learning how to adjust the stakes and how to utilize the Fibonacci sequence can help you be more conversant with the system and help you improve your wagers.
How to use the Fibonacci Betting System
The Fibonacci Betting System uses the Fibonacci sequence while ignoring the zero. To use it, you would need to either memorize it or write it down.
The Fibonacci sequence is commonly regarded as nature’s number system because it plays a crucial role in many facets of mathematics and nature. It appears constantly in nature and the natural world. It begins with a zero, followed by a one and every other subsequent number total to the addition of the two previous numbers. The sequence has no end, i.e. it is infinite.
Before utilizing the system, you will need to come up with the amount you are willing to stake per unit. Although you can decide on any amount, it is recommended you maintain it at a lower percentage with respect to the total amount you will be wagering. The guideline is between 2 percent and 5 percent.
After deciding on the amount, the next step would be to follow certain rules with respect to your staking. These rules are:
Rule 1 – Begin with a single betting unit
Always maintain the first wager you make in each cycle at one unit. The reason is because you ignore the first number in the sequence, which is a zero. The next number will be the first in the Fibonacci sequence, which is one. For example, if you wanted to stake $10 per unit, the first wager will be for $10.
Rule 2 – Once you have lost a wager, calculate the next required stake by moving to the next number in the sequence
The result is the number of betting units you will place on the second wager. If you go on to lose the second wager, too, you will use the next number in the sequence, which is two, to calculate the next number of units you will wager. For example, assuming you are still betting $10 per unit, your next wager would be that amount times two. Your next stake will, therefore, be $20.
This rule should always be applied after every losing wager. While using the sequence, always go on to the subsequent number, thus you will be increasing the stakes with every losing wager.
What happens when you win instead of lose? That is explained in the next rule.
Rule 3 – After a win, go down in the sequence
In the event you win your wager, you should go down in the sequence by two numbers. For example, the system was going 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, and 21. If, after a losing streak, you win on the 21 stake, you go back two steps. That means if you’ve been staking say $10 and multiplying with every loss. If you win on the eighth play, that “eighth” is the number of plays or games you have played so far, while the “8” is the number you land on and multiply your stake by, after moving two steps back.
This rule should be applied after each win. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule. These are:
- In case you do not move up in the sequence the recommended two numbers before winning, all you need to do is go back to the beginning of the sequence. Any time you are on a winning spree in the cycle, you will then just go back to the beginning.
- You will need to keep track of how often you are winning or losing in every cycle to determine when exactly you will have to finish the cycle and start at the beginning. This is why this system is considered to be more complicated than other systems. It is relatively easy to keep track of if you are playing online because you can utilize a spreadsheet. It is, however, much harder while playing in person and requires a person to be very focused and attentive.
Does this System Work?
Ultimately, this system does not do anything in regard to improving your chances of winning a game. It will aid you in winning some money in the short run and can even help you win a substantial amount in the long run. You would, however, need to avoid having a long losing streak for you to see any positive outcomes while using the system.
This system has the same problem that every other negative progression system has. The problem is that in the event you continue on a long losing streak, the stakes progressively continue getting higher and will get too high for the player to manage.
Even with the rules that dictate you go back two steps with every win and only one with every loss, the chances of the stakes getting very high are very real with every subsequent loss. The result is you would either lose all your money or reach the maximum amount for the table.
With the above information, it is safe to conclude the Fibonacci Betting System does not necessarily work to improve your chances of winning. However, if you prefer betting systems, do not ignore it completely. As long as you are ready to handle the risks that the system comes with, do remember this system does not guarantee any success.
Advantages of this Betting System
The efficiency of this system largely depends on the game you apply it to. Although the principle of increasing stakes with each consecutive loss does not sound very wise, there are some advantages of this system.
- Using the Fibonacci system properly will work to your advantage at some point unless you run into an abnormally long losing streak.
- This system is relatively easy to use and memorize. It only requires a person to know basic math concepts, such as subtraction and addition.
Disadvantages of this System
- For this system to work perfectly, it would require a person to have an unlimited supply of funds and an abnormally high deposit minimum.
- This system can work at any point. However, this point may come after an exceptionally long losing streak. In this case, you would have lost a lot of money because you have to continually increase your stake with every loss.
- The most significant disadvantage of this system is better results are only experienced in the short term. It also doesn’t act to recover the overall loss like some other systems.
Differences between a Positive and Negative Progression System
There are two basic types of betting systems: Positive and Negative progression systems.
In a positive progression system, you continually increase your stake with every win while decreasing with every loss. You can even reduce your stake down to the minimum. This is contrary to the working principle of the negative progression system, which was discussed previously.
Disclaimer: All images are copyright to their respective owners and are used by USA Online Casino for informational purposes only.